• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MFC2062DEM01- Ice maker not making ice

Catpatrol

Premium Member
Model Number
MFC2062DEM01
Brand
Maytag
My husband accidentally left the fridge door open one night and the ice maker stopped making ice after that. I read that a common problem is a freeze in the water line, so I unplugged it for 30 minutes and also used my hair dryer along the water line. I'm not sure what the problem was, but it started working after that. 2 weeks later, the ice maker has stopped working again. I tried unplugging/defrosting and still no ice. The tray does not fill with water.

I've been reading the threads on here and I tried to force the harvest cycle with a wire between the T&H. Nothing happened. I also tried a multimeter between V&N and didn't get any voltage reading.

At this point, is my best bet to order a new ice maker? Should I be testing the water valves? My water dispenser in the fridge is getting water and we recently replaced the filter.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You can jump the L & V on the module and that will send 120 volts to your water inlet valve and see if water comes out from your fill tube in the back of your ice maker. Just make a jumper wire.
OR
If you want to test the water inlet valve alone, the water inlet valve is in the back of your refrigerator where your water supply line hooks up to it.

You can buy a test cord here:
Test Cord - 110 Volt With Alligator Clips

or you can probably get a cheater cord like this at any hardware store in your area if you don't want to wait on ordering it, or use a old lamp cord.

Jeff has a good section on this here: http://www.applianceaid.com/icemaker-valvetest.html

jptl also shows you how he did it: Testing ice maker water supply at the solenoid

Report back what you find.:)

Here's the water inlet valve for your model if yours is bad:
WPW10420083 Valve

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order if your water inlet valve is good:
W10884390 Icemaker

Jake

Catpatrol

Premium Member
Jake, thank you so much for your response. I jumped the L&V and the ice maker did fill with water! I am going to order the ice maker from your link, thanks so much.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You nailed it!

Good job, let us know how it goes after you replace the ice maker.

Jake

Catpatrol

Premium Member
Got the new ice maker installed today and it's working like a charm! Very easy to install. I learned so much from reading on this site, thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Catpatrol, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake