• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFD2561HEW Maytag Refrigerator - Water Does Not Dispense

chaz24

Premium Member
Model Number
MFD2561HEW
Brand
Maytag
Hi, As I said in the title I press on the button (picture enclosed) but water does not come out. The button is very firm. Thought it might have been the filter (very, very tardy in changing it) but that did not help. The ice maker works, getting more ice than two people can use. Appreciate suggestions. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Water Dispenser.jpg
    Water Dispenser.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 74

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to pull the refrigerator out from the wall and get a multimeter and check for 120 volts at the water inlet valve water dispenser side solenoid electrical connector when you press the water dispenser button.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
WP67005154 Water Inlet Valve

The larger blue hole is the water dispenser side of your water inlet valve.

Jake

chaz24

Premium Member
Thank you Jake for your response. I viewed the video and understand how to get to the water dispenser solenoid but would appreciate it if you could provide more detail regarding the testing process, like where do you place the probes to get the reading. Somewhat new to this do it yourself repair activity. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just remove the electrical connector to that larger blue hole solenoid, its the YELLOW solenoid, then put your meter probes in each of the two electrical connectors that you just removed and watch the meter for 120 volts when you push the water dispenser lever.

Jake