FIXED MFI2269DRM00 Maytag Refrigerator No voltage to water inlet valve

Chris253

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269DRM00
Brand
Maytag
Water is not dispensing into the ice maker so we checked the water inlet valve and confirmed the existence of a continuous electrical current to both solenoids for the water dispenser and ice maker. The water dispenser works and decided to move the water line from the dispenser to the ice maker to see if would fill and it did. We confirmed there is no 120 v current going to the solenoid for the ice maker. What could be the issue?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Force cycle the ice maker and measure the voltage at the water valve solenoid at the end of the harvest cycle. If your meter indicates 120 VAC for about 7 seconds, replace the water valve. If your meter indicates 0 VAC replace the ice maker:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I had this same thing happen in Parker, Arizona I was only getting 48 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve solenoid when I cycled the ice maker. I ordered this exact same ice maker kit and it fixed it.:)

That was the first of these Ice maker kits I replaced, it was very exciting to do.:)

Jake

Chris253

Premium Member
Hello
We installed a new ice maker and at last this finally worked and we have ice. This fix was tricky and took a while for us to figure out because we were not reading the meter properly which let us to believe the problem was the water inlet value and not the ice maker because when we did the by-pass test the unit worked. Thank you for your assistance and very prompt response.