MFI2269VEM1 Maytag refrigerator won’t reboot after a power outage !!

TommyCee

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269VEM1
Brand
Maytag
Maytag Model MFI2269VEM1

Neighborhood power went out for 2 hours. After power was restored, the refrigerator failed to reboot. Interior lights are on but control panel (left-hand door) is dark. When panel buttons are pressed, LED comes on but does not hold settings.

I have alternately cut power for 2 minutes and back on but still no reset.

Is there a master reset somewhere for the unit ???

Any help is appreciated !!

MAY DAY !!!

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We also need the last digit of your model number, Read it from the model number tag which is located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Here's the results I get:
MFI2269VEM1
MFI2269VEM10
MFI2269VEM2
MFI2269VEM3
MFI2269VEM4
MFI2269VEM5
MFI2269VEM6
MFI2269VEM7
MFI2269VEM9

Jake

TommyCee

Premium Member
Thanks for both responses. Firstly, Rick - when I said interior lights were on, that's what I meant. Everything else was DEAD.

Jake, I failed to list my model # properly - my bad. It's MFI2269VEM1

Here's my update:
Since my post, after alternately forcing manual power cycles, the crazy thing finally regained its "brain", albeit with fits and starts. At one point, the control panel stayed on, displaying the temp. settings, though it was flashing. For some period, the compressor would kick on for 5-10 seconds, then cut out for 5-10 seconds. This went on for a while until it finally stayed on constantly, apparently "resetting".

In research on Google, I discovered that this vexing issue has been experienced by a number of Maytag customers after a power failure. In at least 2 Youtube posts, I learned that it may due to a faulty control board and the videos showed excactly how to replace it and reprogram the new board at the control panel. In both cases, this brought functionality back to the refrigerator. I also read that this Maytag model is sesensitive (vulnerable) to power surges associated with outages. I respoved to purchase a new control board and a surge protector (which I should have done long ago).

FWIW, the existing board is: W10213583C
The replacement board is: WPW10310240 (sometimes listed as W10310240)

Unfortunately, the power failed again this morning, though for <1 minute. I went into the kitchen and looked at the control panel. It wasn'd "dark" (as yesterday) - it was flashing the temp. settings and, again, I coud hear the conpressor cycling on and off at 5-10 second intervals in an attempt to reset. Within a few minutes, the display became stable and the compressor stayed on until a normal cool process. (smile)

I'm not an appliance guy (I'm in a very different field) but I'm not impressed by this behavior. This unit is only 10 years old and the cussin' thing should be able to painlessly recover from a power outage without all the gyrations and other quirky stuff. Moreover, the control board should have been configured with a surge protector imho.

Thanks again Rick & Jake for weighing in. Any additional thoughts are welcome.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member