• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MFI2269VEM3 Maytag french door display front panel intermittently lights up and then off

Debbie Good

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269VEM3
Brand
Maytag
Three weeks ago my Maytag MFI2269VEM3 went dead I replaced the rear main board and it worked fine. Now 3 weeks later the front door panel display lights up intermittently displays and lights up on the door panel then an hour or so go out would go and then come back on after I randomly push buttons. The compressor still runs and keeps stuff cold so could it be the front board too?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the wires and wire connections under the hinge covers. Make sure all the connections on the main board are tight and none of the pins are starting to back out of the connectors.

Debbie Good

Premium Member
Check the wires and wire connections under the hinge covers. Make sure all the connections on the main board are tight and none of the pins are starting to back out of the connectors.
I double checked all connections and nothing is loose, I even checked the connection to the front panel all are connected.
So could it be the new main board?

rickgburton

Staff member
It's possible the new board is faulty. Let's make sure we're on the same page. The display will light up and stay on intermittently and the buttons become unresponsive? If that's correct, check for +12V at the J1-3 wire on the display board.

If the voltage is correct replace the display board with this update kit:
Dispenser Control Board W10740217

Debbie Good

Premium Member
Maytag french door front control

OK I tested the front control when the display went out and yes I have 12 volts at J 1-3 so I ordered the board and will post back if that remedied the problem.
I thank You so much for your helpful tip on how to check the current. Have a Great Day!

Debbie Good

Premium Member
Maytag french door front control

Sounds good. Keep us posted.
Good news I received the part last night late and installed it this morning, and so far so good it is staying on and working as it should. Gone are the days of a refrigerators lasting 20 to 30 years.
My maytag fridge is 7 years old and before that I has a GE that went on the fritz in just 3 years (compressor died)!

rickgburton

Staff member
Gone are the days of a refrigerators lasting 20 to 30 years.
Except for the 20 and 30 year old refrigerators out there still working. Some still have another 30 years left.