• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MFI2269VEM3 Maytag Refrigerator not dispensing water

Debbie Good

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269VEM3
Brand
Maytag
Maytag not dispensing water, When trying to dispense water no water comes out and I can hear a buzzing sound that is usually heard. I check to see if the Icemaker refilled and it to is not being supplied with water.
Could it be the solenoid valve?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Could it be the solenoid valve?
It could be but probably not. It would be rare for both solenoids to fail at the same time. Sounds like the problem is before the water valve. Check if the water in the water tank is frozen. Here's a water schematic for your machine:
R-water schematic MFI.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
I'll order the part today.
OK, HOLD THE PHONE!...Lol What part are you ordering? I hope it's not the valve without checking it first. Since you hear it humm when the lever is pressed the valve is probably good.

Debbie Good

Premium Member
Thanks I'll check that out, Boy I can't believe the designing of this; putting the valve inside rather than the bottom rear where they use to be.
Having to remove everything from the inside is a major pain.

rickgburton

Staff member
I agree. That model, it's not that easy. They have eliminated the water filter valve or Isolation valve and moved the ice and water valve inside so all the water components, water tank, water filter, and valve are all in one location. After the first time it gets easier...lol

Debbie Good

Premium Member
Up Date: I took everything apart, the water was not frozen the water valve was good.
BUT had no water, so I removed the new filter and installed the bypass cap; still no water.
I removed the bypass cap and tested to see if supply water was at this point by depressing the white tips (see photo below) and water shot out so I concluded these points were not being depressed enough to allow water flow.
This is odd as it worked for a month with the new filter, and also would flow with the bypass cap.
Any way I tried a different brand filter and could hear the water fill the filter.
I also made a shim washer to make contact with the two points using the bypass cap and it worked as well.
Now that the water is flowing through the filter , it now makes a loud noise when the icemaker calls for water.
To replace the filter head the part and install not worth the cost; so I will cut the tubing behind the filter head and use a quick coupler to connect it directly.
Then install a filter under the sink on the supply line.
I hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
Thank You Rick Burton for your insight :)
filter-supply.JPG

Last edited: