FIXED MFI2269VEM6 Maytag Refrigerator no ice

Luke Finley

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269VEM6
Brand
Maytag
So I'm trying this for the first time. I have an MFI2269 that is really humbling me. First when I was out of town water started coming out of the ice dispenser. A friend stopped by to Check on the house and found the mess. He turned the water off and the water stopped flowing. Once I got home I turned the water back on and watched it closely for a while. Nothing was leaking so I just let it be. The problem now is the icemaker isn't working.

I went ahead and replaced the icemaker since icemakers seem to be the go to if you have no ice. The ice stripper moved a few degrees and won't make any ice. I jumped on here and read about a board issue as well as a wire harness issue. I replaced both the wire harness inside the ice compartment and the board on the back of the fridge. Nothing. I replaced the icemaker again just in case it was a board issue that took the icemaker out. Again the stripper moved to the same spot the other one did and stopped. It's frozen water. It shouldnt be this hard. Any ideas?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
LINK--->Maytag Refrigerator MFI2269VEM6 / Repair Parts

Again the stripper moved to the same spot the other one did and stopped.....It shouldnt be this hard.
That's correct, when the thermostat inside the ice maker closes the ice maker motor receives 120 VAC and starts to rotate the ejector blades. The ejector blades/fingers stop/rests on the ice cubes which cuts the power to the ice maker motor and directs it to the mold heater. The mold heater causes the thermostat to open and switches power off the heater back to the IM motor. The harvest cycle continues.

To diagnose your issue you'll need a DMM that can measure AC volts, DC volts, and resistance (ohms). Remove the cover over the ice maker module and locate holes "L" and "N" Use your meter to check for 120 VAC between "L" and "N". If the voltage is correct force cycle the ice maker. Here's how:
Short T H small.jpg

Luke Finley

Premium Member
So what if the manual cycling doesn't work? I did try putting my jumper in place, but it didn't move. On a side note, when in diagnostics the icemaker is reading on. After replacing the icemaker the second time it read onH which should indicate the heater relay on. It still only moved a few degrees.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, that's the correct ice maker part number so let's double check the voltage at the ice maker before I tell you you need a third new ice maker. Set your meter to measure VAC and tape the door switch closed. Measure the voltage in holes "L" and "N" in the power module. The meter should indicate around 115 VAC.
l and n.jpg

If the voltage is correct, use the jumper wire and short holes "T" and "H". Make sure the wire ends are touching the metal contacts in the holes. The large white drive gear should start rotating clockwise. Make sure the gear is turning then remove the jumper wire.
t and h.jpg

The ice maker should continue through the harvest cycle and fill cycle. If not, IM#3

Luke Finley

Premium Member
I didn’t get anything at first so I pulled the ice maker and double checked all the connections. Everything looked ok so I reinstalled it. Then I got 104v from L to N. I put in my jumper wire and held the switch down. No movement. I used the leads on my meter and from T to H it read 103v. Thoughts?

rickgburton

Staff member
There was another person with the same problem, low voltage. Let me see if I can find his thread. Stand by

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, Make sure the ice maker is turned on and the door is closed. On the main control board locate the J2 connector and measure the voltage across J2-2 (gray wire) and J1-8 (white wire). Your meter should indicate around 115 VAC. Measure the voltage across J2-8 (violet wire) and J1-8 (115 VAC). Post the results here.

Luke Finley

Premium Member
Just to add to the confusion, I took the ice maker out and popped the cover, reinstalled it and now I have 120. I put my jumper wire and the ice maker started turning. One full rotation but no water. Put the jumper in again and still no water. I also don’t here the fan in the ice compartment running now where it was before.

rickgburton

Staff member
Sounds like a bad connection or loose wire somewhere. So it's possible the ice maker is working properly just not filling with water. Force cycle the ice maker and check for 115 VAC at the water valve at the end of the harvest cycle. The fill cycle is about 7 seconds.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with Rick.

Rick, I don't see a water inlet valve in the back of the refrigerator on this model.

It looks like his water inlet valve is the refrigerator section per this video: Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Video Is that correct?

This model uses this water inlet valve here, you can order if needed:
WPW10312696 Valve-Inlt

Jake

Luke Finley

Premium Member
Just an update, I replaced the water valve and was finally able to get ice. It was leaking at the ice maker though. A couple of adjustments later and it’s working like a champ. Thanks all.

Bhawkins

Having the same issue with the same model. Checked for 115 AC and was all good. Tried the jump to start a cycle and it was a no go. I’m afraid I might have to replace.

rickgburton

Staff member