• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFI2568AES HV Board programming board for Maytag refrigerator

tiffany23

Premium Member
Brand: Maytag
Model Number: MFI2568AES
Serial Number: 10129750JP

Hi there,

I just replaced my Main (HV) Control Board with a new W10890094 Main(HV) Control Board. I had no problems installing the board. However, I am not able to program it.

I replaced the HV Board because my refrigerator had the issue where ice door keeps opening and closing by itself and the lights on the control panel were flashing non-stop. We figured that probably a faulty Main(HV) control board was causing the problems, so we purchased a new HV board W10890094 Main(HV) Control Board and replaced the old one. The problem now is that we cannot program the refrigerator because it seems like none of the buttons on the control panel work and does not respond when I press the buttons and try to follow the steps to programming it.

Any suggestions to how to fix this?
Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did the buttons respond before you replaced the Main(HV) Control Board?

Did you order the Main(HV) Control Board from RepairClinic? Did it come with instructions to program it?

Jake

tiffany23

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, the buttons do respond before I replaced the Main(HV) Control Board.
We ordered the HV board from Reliable Parts, and yes, it did come with programming instructions.

tiffany23

Premium Member
Sorry for the confusion,

After I installed the new HV Board, "PE0000" shows up, but the buttons do not respond when I try to follow the instructions to program it.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick, I was not aware of that video for the locked controls.

@tiffany23 try what it says in Rick's video and keep us posted.

Jake

tiffany23

Premium Member
Thanks Rick and Jake,I tried it and the buttons do not work, so I cannot change the personailty code.

Here is two videos showing us trying to program the refrigerator.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I fixed the videos Rick.:)

Unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet for 15 minutes then plug the refrigerator back in and try it again.

Jake

tiffany23

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I unplugged the refrigerator and plugged it back in after about 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the buttons still do not respond.

Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, Follow these steps exactly how I give them to you and lets see what happens:

1 Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad

2 Wait at least one half second. (Do not press both keypads at the same time) Now:

3 Press the Freezer Temperature Down keypad.

4 Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds, then release the Freezer Temperature Down keypad.

5 Press the Freezer Temperature Down keypad once more.

PE0 000 is displayed

Now see if the Refrigerator Temperature up and down keys will change the values. If the keys work set the personality code to the one on the model/serial number tag.

Lets see if you can get this far.

tiffany23

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

I followed your steps exactly, but the display is always "PE0 000" flashing and I was not able to change the values with the Refrigerator Temperature up and down keys.

Thank you very much.

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, if the PE0 000 is flashing, press and hold the freezer temperature down key for 3 seconds. That should lock it into memory and the display should stop flashing. If it does stop flashing, go through steps 1-5 again.

tiffany23

Premium Member
I tried pressing and holding the freezer down for 3 seconds, but the lights are still flashing.

here is a video showing it.

Thank you.

rickgburton

Staff member
Yes, the buttons do respond before I replaced the Main(HV) Control Board.
OK Tiff, I no longer believe you have a programing issue. It sounds like you have a bad new board. Return it for a replacement board. However, I'm not sure a new board will fix the problem. I went back and read your posts from the beginning. You said the ice door kept opening and closing and the lights on the board were flashing. You also said the keypads worked before you replaced the board. I think the board you need is the dispenser board, part # 67006294. That board controls the ice door and the display lights. Unfortunately, that board was discontinued and is no longer available. Here's how to check it; If you still have the old board, reinstall it. Use a meter to check for a constant 12 VDC across J6-1 to J6-2 This is supply voltage for the dispenser board. If the voltage is correct, the problem isn't the main board, it's the dispenser board.

Now, if you reinstall the old board and the keypads work, the new board is bad. If that's the case, call whoever you got the board from and tell them the board is bad. Tell them after you found out the new board was bad you couldn't wait so you bought a new refrigerator. This way you have a 50/50 chance of getting a refund (less shipping) instead of a new board that probably won't fix the problem anyway Good luck!

This is the dispenser board: 67006294

tiffany23

Premium Member
Hi Rick and Jake,

Thank you very much helping me with my refrigerator, I really appreciate your time and patience. The advice you gave me was very useful and insightful. Unfortunately we don't have the meter to check the voltage, also the dispenser board is discontinued. I am thinking about buying a new refrigerator. Many thanks.