• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFI2568AES. One functional push buttons

Bruce Stansbury

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2568AES
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag fridge model number MFI2568AES. The water and ice dispenser did work just fine. I was getting water earlier in the day. Now I pressed the ice button. I got some ice. Then I tried to select water. No thing happened. I can still get ice. No other button functions work. I can only get ice and I cannot select any other functions.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bruce,

So the water button does not respond at all? Just the ice button?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh wait Bruce, I forgot to mention the keypad, that's the buttons and then the keypad ribbon cable connects to the dispenser board.

I know of no way of testing that.

But I did locate another member having a similar problem as you are having, and he replaced the keypad and it fixed it: FIXED: MFI2568AEB Maytag Fridge Keypad Quit Responding

Here's the touchpad assembly for your model you can order:
W11221359 Cntrl-Elec

Its in-stock here:

To replace it, remove the drip tray, remove the two screws, and hold the door shut. With the other hand, grasp the bottom of the outer trim and yank out and slightly down. This will un-snap the display from the door. Now just lift up to unhook it from the trim. The unit should be disconnected from the power supply to prevent an electrical shock since 120Vac is behind this panel. The old touchpad will have to be peeled from the cover and the new one has peel off and stick installation. Be sure to remove all adhesive from the old part with rubbing alcohol before installing the new part and be careful to get it on straight since it will damage the new part to peel it back off once stuck on.

Keep us posted.

Jake