MFI2569VEM4 Fridge not working

ugabulldog

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2569VEM4
Brand
Maytag
After a power outage of 1.5 days....When I plug in it will come on for a second, I can hear a click and digital display lights up but then it goes back off. After leaving plugged in it will come on periodically for a second then back off. Light inside comes on when door is opened. I have tried flipping breaker, unplugging for awhile, the extent of my knowledge. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It's going to be the main control board behind the machine. Another member had this same control display issue and replaced that front control display board and it worked for 3 days and started doing the same thing again.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
WPW10312695 Electronic Control Board

Jake

ugabulldog

Premium Member
EDIT: (If this changes diagnosis)...When I leave it plugged in I can hear a clicking periodically coming from the control board on back. Wondering if there is a part on control board I can replace or just need to replace whole board? Thanks

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
you're better off replacing the entire board. there are no board schematics. unless you have a strong background in electronics and can figure out what's causing the relay to keep opening and closing, you'll come out ahead in the long run.

campolmo

Premium Member
Mfi2569vem4

Came home last night to front control panel on this unit flashing and not cooling. Purchased in 2009. Called Maytag who suggested unplugging unit then restarting Did so and now panel doesn't light. WHen you pressed a buton all lights would come on and now nothing at all. Still not cooling. Would that be main control unit? ALso, I have read in several places this might be a known issue for this refrigerator? Is this possible still covered by Maytag.

They just don't build em like they used to!

Janet

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, most likely the main control board is bad on yours too.

If you want to verify it. You will need a multimeter.

The main control board is in the back of your refrigerator, there should be a cover over it, just remove the cover screws and cover and you will see it.

Locate the J1 connector on the main control board and measure the voltage between J1-4 (red) and J1-8 (white) = 120 Volts AC Supply Voltage.

Locate the J6 connector and measure the voltage between J6-1 (blk/grn) and J6-2 (red/blk) = 12 Volts DC operating voltage for the dispenser display assembly. If no voltage or much less than 12 Volts DC, then order the main control board.

Then access the dispenser display board assembly and measure the voltage between J1-1 and J1-3. Should be 12 Volts DC. If the voltage is correct replace the dispenser display board assembly. If no voltage, and your getting that 12 Volts DC at the main control board, then check for a pinched/frayed/broken wire from the main control board to the dispenser display board assembly.

The wire harness is usually underneath the upper refrigerator door hinge cover, also check the metal pins inside the plastic connectors to make sure none have backed out or burnt.

Here's the dispenser display board assembly for your model:
Dispenser Control Board W10740217

Here's the main control board for your model:
WPW10312695 Electronic Control Board

Let us know what you find.

Jake

campolmo

Premium Member
Mfi2569vem4

Thanks for that.

A new wrinkle. After it sat for more than a day not operating, it just started back up. Front control panel works, its cooling. Would doing the diagnostics you offer (thank you) provide me with information about failing electronics, or do I need it to fail again first.

Janet

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need it to fail again to do the volt test I posted above Janet.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is true Janet.:)

Jake

Ksstewart

We are checking voltage on this Maytag unit. And on the J1 connector on the main board there is nothing. But we are getting about 13 volts on the J6 on the main board and 13 volts on the display board side

rickgburton

Staff member
If you have the exact same model number, J1-4 (L1) to J1-8 (N) is supply voltage for the main board 120 VAC.

Ksstewart

Yes it is the same model. We were wondering why we were getting voltage at the display board but not coming into the main board.

rickgburton

Staff member
You're missing something. If you don't have voltage going in, you can't have voltage going out.

Ksstewart

We tested j1-4 and j1-8 got nothing. Some of the other wires coming in had voltage but those two had nothing

rickgburton

Staff member
L1 from the power cord connector is a black wire going in and a red wire coming out that goes into a splice with 4 more red wires coming out. One wire goes to the freezer lights, one goes to the damper, one wire goes to the fresh food lights and one wire goes to J1-4 on the main board. The Neutral side of the power cord, white wire, goes to the compressor and condensor fan and to the power cord connector. It goes to a splice with 4 white wires and one of the wires goes to J1-8 on the main board. Recheck your voltage measurement or look for a broken wire.

Ksstewart

thanks figured it out. Main control board is bad. It was user error with the multi meter