• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFI2569VEM4 Maytag fridge - no display after loss of power

Russell Reid

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2569VEM4
Brand
Maytag
i have a maytag model MFI2569VEM4 -lost power -after power restore display was on/off-until it was mostly off. i push keys and whole display lights up. I replaced main control board- same symptoms-no display unless keys are pushed.

I traced out 120 volts ac to main and 13 volts dc from main to dispenser-replaced dispenser and key pad-still same issue- cant program- refrigerator not cooling but lights are on when u open door and up and down buttons open and close dispenser-about all it does- do you think i received a bad main control board or do i have other issues?

I have invested about 400 dollars into this and one company won't let me send dispenser board back- should i order another main control board.. i replaced main board with exact match w1031269bB most sites say use wpw10312695???

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Russell Reid

Premium Member
I understand that but i got the exact board that was in it and that's not the number. I know that is the updated number- what i am asking since they sent me the old version which is what is in it now-could that still be my problem??

I received pn w10312695b which is exact match for what i took out. and had same problems after i swapped it.

All the voltage checks out with either board and dispenser board and keypad didn't fix it either so am i back to ordering a updated control board because they sent me a bad one or is it something else that could be involved?? Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what the difference is between the boards. If the voltage is 12V at the dispenser board and the board is not working I got to think the board is the problem. Check the wires between the two boards for continuity.

Russell Reid

Premium Member
continuity is good. dispenser and keypad already replaced-same results-control replaced-same results -all voltages good. got be something else involved??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Who is they?

How much did you pay for the main control board?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then obviously your board is defective.

This board retails at $337 so if you buy if from Ricks link to it in post #2 you will have a working refrigerator.

Jake