• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFI2670XEM7 Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator - ice dispenser wonky

dashriprok

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2670XEM7
Brand
Maytag
The ice dispenser pad (#4 in attached diagram) is wonky on a Maytag bottom-freezer refrigerator. Ice doesn't dispense unless you monkey around with the pad. Then if you get it going, it doesn't stop dispensing ice. It's like the microswitch behind the pad is sticky but I don't see any switch in the diagram How does the ice dispense pad come apart?

Next problem -- user interface doesn't work. It is lit up and each button acknowledges a touch with a beep but nothing changes. For instance you can't change from crushed to cubed or reset the filter or anything. The user interface is unlocked by holding the unlock button for 3 seconds but the icon shows that it's unlocked but again, it doesn't change position. Is this a user interface problem or a main computer problem?

Attachments

• 1626477115881.png
    1626477115881.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Maytag ice dispenser parts.jpg
    Maytag ice dispenser parts.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 13

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see two dispenser pads, one for ICE, one for WATER. Is the WATER pad working good? Just the ICE pad is not dispensing ICE?

Those pads are electronic, no switches, unfortunately they have been discontinued:

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, do Service Test - 18 Ice Door Motor
--->Displays the Ice Door stepper motor state on the UI display. Press ice paddle and verify that the mechanical operation of the ice door corresponds to the component status indicator. NOTE: Ice door will have a delay in closing
after an ice paddle is released. (01 = Closed, 02 = Opening, 03 = Open, 04 = Closing)

If that test passes then problem with the User Interface, is that its bad.

Here it is for your model:

Jake

Attachments

• W10444667-Tech-Sheet.pdf
    196.5 KB · Views: 18

dashriprok

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick feedback Jake.

Water dispense pad works perfectly. Only the ice dispense pad is wonky. As I mentioned, if I monkey around with it, I can get ice to dispense but it won't shut off when pad is released. In order to stop ice from dispensing I had to open the door. If I shut the door, ice would not start dispensing again.

dashriprok

Premium Member
How is the ice dispense pad removed? I have a sneaky suspicion that although the refrigerator looks clean, it's funky sticky with the splash of Pepsi behind the dispense pad.

dashriprok

Premium Member
I'd like to try to sway the water dispense pad in place of the ice dispense. Given the choice, they'd rather have ice versus water.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Watch this video below to remove the ice dispenser pad, it should be basically the same for your Maytag, as Whirlpool owns Maytag.

Jake