• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFW2055YEM01 Left french door won't close easily

Bonthron

Premium Member
Model Number
MFW2055YEM01
Brand
Maytag
It seems over the last couple years the French doors may have sagged a bit and now when I close the left door the centre folding flap doesn't enter the plastic guide at the top and fold in. It stays in the open position and won't easily close fully. If I press the door really hard it will give and fold, closing the door, but this is a huge PITA!

I've searched around looking for adjustment screws (even in from the bottom), but all I've seen are the hinge bracket attachment screws. Is there something I'm missing that will allow me to raise both doors between 0.125" and 0.25"?

Thanks in advance.

Bonthron

Premium Member
Well, I either found the only solution or a good work-around...

A couple washers and a bit of white silicone grease on the lower hinge pin did the trick. I took a chance and only loosened the top hinge bracket enough to allow me to lift the door off the lower hinge pin and install the washers below the original plastic washer and add a bit of grease.

If there's a better way I'd love to hear it.

Bonthron

Premium Member
Yes, the Flipper Mullion Assy Compl Xl.

Since the door was lower, the top plastic part didn’t enter the plastic guide on the inside of the fridge that causes the Flipper Mullion Assy Compl Xl to fold flat.