• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MFW9700SQ1 Maytag Washer - Tub Support Replacement?

Washingtons

Premium Member
Model Number
MFW9700SQ1
Brand
Maytag
Model: MFW9700SQ1
Serial: CSU1121656

Symptoms: The tub started making knocking sounds when on spin cycles and the rim of the tub started rubbing the outer plastic barrel. It appeared that the drum was off balance somehow so as an avid DIY'r I tore it all the way down, removing the back belt wheel to expose the tub support backet. It has massive corrosion and sure enough it has deteriorated to the point where it just bent and broke apart as I applied pressure with my bare hands.

Here is a photo of the tub support and its' current condition.
tub support2.jpg

Most of the big parts for this washer appear to be discontinued and not available. I am hoping to not have to replace the entire tub assembly as it would likely be more cost efficient to just replace the entire washer at that point. So the question is whether or not there is a replacement part for this bracket? I couldn't find anything but was hoping that the tub size/mounting dimensions are exactly the same on other models that still offer the tub support bracket.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Thankx for the update!
Best of luck with the new washer :)

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.