• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MFX2570AEM4 Refrigerator Reboots Continuously

jimmy3384

Premium Member
Model Number
MFX2570AEM4
Brand
Maytag
Stainless - French Door Maytag. When I plug in the unit all of the lights come on. The fan and the compressor both kick on. The display says PO and then it shuts off and does the same thing over and over again.

PO is Power Outage and I know to hit the measured fill button to bypass that error. This does work fine until the unit shuts off and reboots.

I have replaced both circuit boards on the back and had 3 different guys look at. I am just wanting to get a group consensus on the issue. If you have any thoughts or questions, please let me know.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you replace #27 and #35 boards here: Parts for Maytag MFX2570AEM4: Cabinet Parts

Also, Did you look under the right top hinge cover for the tech sheet and follow the steps for service diagnostic mode?

Power Outage
The Power Outage indicator lets you know if the power supply to the refrigerator has been off, and the freezer temperature has risen to 18°F (-8°C) or higher.
The control panel temperature display will read “PO,” and an alert tone will sound three times. “Confirm” will blink until you acknowledge the power outage by pressing MEASURED FILL under “Confirm.”
Once the power outage has been confirmed, the “PO” will disappear, and the display will return to the Home screen.

Have you had any power outages? Pull the refrigerator out from the wall and make sure your plug is tight in the electrical outlet.

Jake

jimmy3384

Premium Member
1. Board 27 & 35. Yes, I replaced both of the boards.
2. No, I am not familiar with service diag mode. The 3 service guys didn't mention anything about it. However, finding that diagram was like finding a hidden treasure map. Awesome! I attempted to put it into service diag mode but it was unresponsive. The refrigerator just reboots before anything else happens.
3. Yes, the PO error does clear and the display illuminates, but it does not stop the rebooting issue.

So.. something weird just happened... I decided that I wanted to record a video to upload so people could actually see the issue. I plugged it in and left one door open and recorded the rebooting issue. Then I decided to record a video of me pushing the measured fill button. After pushing the measured fill button for a second time, the refrigerator stayed on and is working. So perhaps holding the two buttons resolved the issue or reset something so the refrigerator could work.. I am not sure. I am going to let it run to make sure that it is stable and then pull the power again and see if it will fine.

Either way, I wanted to thank you for all of your valuable input. I will mark this as fixed after my additional testing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.:)

Thanks for the update, that will help others if they run into this issue.

I'll mark it fixed for you.

Jake

cleblanc

Can you please elaborate on how you fixed this issue? Did you post the video you took somewhere (ex. youTube)?