• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFX2571XEM2 Maytag Ice Dispenser Auger Motor Low Voltage

chris.gray

Premium Member
Model Number
MFX2571XEM2
Brand
Maytag
I have a bottom mount refrigerator. The ice dispenser has started giving us trouble dispensing ice. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it does not. Usually, you can keep pressing the paddle over and over and most of the time you eventually get ice.

I have tested the voltage going to the auger motor from the harness in the ice maker area. It reads about 28V without pressing the paddle. Sometimes when I press the paddle, it reads 34V and the motor just hums. Other times I press the paddle, it reads 120V and the motor spins.

What could cause this? What should I test next? I tried testing the voltage coming out of the control boards, but I could not find where the wires to the motor were.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Access the main board. Press the ice dispenser lever and measure the voltage across P3-8 (PK) and P1-2 (WH). If the voltage is 120 VAC and the auger motor does not work, check the pink wire between the board and the auger motor for continuity. If the voltage is less than 120V replace the board:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Chris, sounds good.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, I thought I posted in post #2, but just now I saw you did Rick, sorry about that. We can blame it on the heat, its on here in the Arizona Desert, 109 today! But it's a dry heat. LOL

Jake