• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MGDB400VQ0 Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300 Dryer Will Not Run After Power Outage

blevin

Premium Member
Model Number
MGDB400VQ0
Brand
Maytag
We had a brown-out in the area and afterwards my Maytag MGDB400VQ0 dryer would no longer run. After pushing the power button the estimated time remaining screen is blank. If I rotate the selection dial "---" then appears in the screen but the dryer still won't run. I can even use the +/- buttons to get the time to show 1 hr, and when I push start the time shows 59 but it still won't run. The drum light is working. The door switch is functional. I checked the thermal fuse and it is fine. I even got a replacement W10111621 control board but that didn't fix the issue. After entering the diagnostic mode I can get an error code C0 to come up but that is it.

In a search online it appears that someone else had the same issue and by replacing the WPW10336133 Control Board (user interface panel) it worked. I may give that a shot. If anyone else has other ideas I am all ears.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Visually check that the P5 connector is inserted all the way into the machine control electronics. Visually check that the user interface assembly is properly inserted into the front console. If both visual checks pass, replace the user interface assembly:

blevin

Premium Member
It worked! The user interface board worked perfectly and my dryer is back up and running. The above part # is the current replacement. Hope this helps someone else with the same issue!