MGDC200XW2 Maytag Centennial gas dryer will not reignite

Dwdw

Premium Member
Model
MGDC200XW2
Brand
Maytag
MGDC200XW2 Maytag Centennial gas dryer will not reignite. I use the dryer on high heat and turn the timer to 70 minutes. The ignitor glows and then flames go for about 10 mins with the dryer getting hot. The flames go out and then dryer starts to cool down but it never reignites. The dryer will continue to run cold for the remaining time. I have replaced the ignitor, coils and cycling thermostat. Any help would be appreciated.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

The flames go out and then dryer starts to cooldown but it never reignites. The dryer will continue to run cold for the remaining time.
And then what happens? Ignitor goes on and off with no flame? No ignitor at all? Any noises like buzzzzzzing?
Have you tried putting the dryer back to the beginning again to see if the heat will work for that 10 minutes again?

jeff.

Dwdw

Premium Member
Hello...sorry for the delay response. I wanted to do some more cycles. So the sometimes the ignitor comes on after the initial cycle(ignitor lights,flame comes on reaches a high temp and cools down) but the flames do not light. Other times the ignitor does not come on at all. The only noise I hear differently at times I'd the timer can make a louder ticking noise. The other question that u asked about the timer...yes if I turn the timer back toward 70 it make the clock noise around 55-60 to start the cycle again ignitor lights,flame comes on reaches a high temp and cools down.

jeff1

Staff member
yes if I turn the timer back toward 70 it make the clock noise around 55-60 to start the cycle again ignitor lights,flame comes on reaches a high temp and cools down
Try wiggling/jiggling the timer knob to see what will happen to the heat/flame/ignitor coming on.....or off.

*If* needed:

Timer-W11043385-05408475.jpg Dryer timer

jeff.

Dwdw

Premium Member
Thanks for the response. If I wiggle the timer between 70 an 55 it will ignite but 55 to 0...nothing!

jeff1

Staff member

jeff1

Staff member
Your welcome! :)

jeff.