• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MH1170XSS0 Whirlpool microwave not working, no power.

ssruindia

Premium Member
Model Number
MH1170XSS0
Brand
Whirlpool
The research so far has indicated that I may have to check the fuse for continuity and may be replace it if faulty. But the video of Whirlpool from RepairClinic does not match what we have on that model. So wondering if any body has a manual for that model of whirlpool or any other set of instructions to access fuse and/or replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Unplug machine or remove power. Remove the bottom panel (10 screws). Remove the two screws from the panel on the bottom right front and you can access the fuse. If the fuse is open there's a good chance something caused it to open. Use a meter to check for a short between the power cord small plug terminal and the round ground terminal.

ssruindia

Premium Member
Thank U very much for your reply. Your detailed instructions and other material I read on the site made me take a second look and this time I did find the fuse it was behind the front control pannel inside bottom compartment. Its facing down so it was not easy to spot. I replaced the fuse and microwave is working again. I have not fond any short which might have caused it to be open in the first place but will keep an eye on it. Thank U once again.