• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

MH2175XSQ0 Microwave works for about 2 seconds then shuts down

1der

Premium Member
Model Number
MH2175XSQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
When I begin to heat something in the microwave, it stays on for about 2 seconds or so and then abruptly shuts off. It also emits a quick beeping sound: dee-dee-dee. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I've not come across that problem before. The microwave hood combination is provided with a self-diagnostic routine that can be accessed through the touch keypad. To initiate this routine: Press and hold the OFF/CANCEL button while opening the door. While still holding the OFF/CANCEL button, unplug the microwave oven for 2 seconds, then plug it back in. Release the OFF/CANCEL button and close the door. All VFD segments will be lit to indicate the test mode has been entered. NOTE: If the OFF/CANCEL button is pressed during this diagnostic routine, you will exit the test mode. Here's the test panel chart:
MH2175 Test Chart.jpg

1der

Premium Member
Sorry it's been awhile since I wrote my first post. Here is what I found after doing the self-diagnostic routine: (1) After pressing the "Cook" button the display reads "Sensing", and then shows 443 which quickly turns to 444 and then finally stops at 445 (2) After pressing the key "3" the microwave does not turn on and instead emits 3 quick beeps and does this 3 times (3) After pressing the key "4" the display fluctuates between 060 and 061. I'm not sure what this all means, but obviously I am having issues. Do I need a whole new board?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'll check if I still have it. This thread is 6 years old. Locate your tech sheet inside the microwave and that will have the same chart on it.