• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MHW2000AWW Maytag washer - Motor & Motor Control Test

u118224

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW2000AWW
Brand
Maytag
Maytag washer MHW2000AWW, washer fills with water then stops with no other noises. I suspect the motor control board. Where can I obtain a power test cord to perform the motor & motor control test, or can I just make my own?

Also, I am fairly sure this machine has not received the updated motor and board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, possibly the main control board/and or the motor control board, both have been failing massively on these early Neptune models.

Here's the service manual for your model:

Make your own cheater test cord.

Jake

u118224

Premium Member
I did the motor control test and the motor did not run. I removed the motor control board and the fuse was blown. So, I know I will need a new motor control board. My question is, will I need a new motor to match the new board? I purchased the machine in March 1999, so the 10 year warranty is expired.

Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It comes as a motor conversion kit, so when you order the motor the motor control board comes with it.

Here's the motor conversion kit for your model(Installation Instructions and Video Included):
Drive Motor 12002039

Jake

u118224

Premium Member
I purchased the updated replacement motor and motor control board. The machine works fine now.

Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job fixing it.:)

Jake