FIXED MHW5500FW0 High Speed Cycle Starts then stops - Clothes coming out soaking wet

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I haven't been able to locate any service manual on this model either.

Hopefully another tech that has it can post it.

Jake

ggsherman

Hello All,

I have found the issue.

The issue was that the main control board was loose (not attached securely to the side of the machine). When the machine would go into a higher speed cycle, it would rattle the main control board and the sensor would force the machine to slow down. Once I held the control board firmly, the high speed cycle would work.

Hope you have your machine still and that you can test that.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @ggsherman, good job finding that was the problem.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

ggsherman

I have already stripped my machine. My board was secure.
Congrats of the find.
The sensor in the board can go bad.

If you still have your machine, I have learned a lot and possibly can help you find your issue without spending too much money.

The sensor in the board can go bad and there is no way to test that other than have the issue we're having. The only way to test it is to get a new board, which unfortunately, is non refundable. Though if you end up taking that chance, I'd be willing to buy it off of you for a discount because apparently you cannot buy the plastic piece around the control board by itself... so I'd be willing to work with you if you would like :)

Other than that, the drum would only be the issue if you can't spin the drum and it gets grindy when you attempt to do it manually.

have you tried to re-seat your cables in the control board yet? Just unplug and plug them back in securely.

jmargo

Premium Member
The sensor in the board can go bad.

If you still have your machine, I have learned a lot and possibly can help you find your issue without spending too much money.

The sensor in the board can go bad and there is no way to test that other than have the issue we're having. The only way to test it is to get a new board, which unfortunately, is non refundable. Though if you end up taking that chance, I'd be willing to buy it off of you for a discount because apparently you cannot buy the plastic piece around the control board by itself... so I'd be willing to work with you if you would like :)

Other than that, the drum would only be the issue if you can't spin the drum and it gets grindy when you attempt to do it manually.

have you tried to re-seat your cables in the control board yet? Just unplug and plug them back in securely.

Mine is gone and replaced. I did keep the board and was skeptical of selling it without knowing for sure it was 100%. If your interested I'm sure we can work out a deal.

ggsherman

oh wow. Haha what luck... All I need is the plastic part, not the board itself. You can sell the board still to someone as that is typically what goes bad. I broke the clips off mine.