• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MHW6000XW Maytag Maxima Washer Gets Stuck on Wash Mode

cot266

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW6000XW
Brand
Maytag
Having an issue with my washer.

Once the washer gets to the spin mode, it will agitate clockwise and counterclockwise, drain, agitate clockwise and counterclockwise, drain, repeat. During this whole time the sensing light will flash. Also, the timer said 11 minutes when this cycle started, and never changed for over 20 minutes. After being stuck on 11 minutes, for over 20 minutes, it finally spun and shut off. The cycle took about 30 minutes longer than the timer said it would.

I put it in diagnostic mode, and no errors came up. I did the tests, and it went through all of the tests fine, until it got to the wash mode (C6 I think?). I waited 15 minutes and never went past that cycle. So I manually skipped it, it drained, and then spun.

I took the washer apart, checked the pressure switch tube, and it was clean and clear. Also emptied the drain pump filter.

Any ideas what this could be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Is this the first time this has happened?

The error code should be like this: F06 E02

Unplug the machine for 30 minutes for it to reset, then try another load and report back.

Jake

cot266

Premium Member
I did forget to mention, originally it was reporting E01 F08, but that code has since been cleared, and it's been unplugged several times since then, for extended periods of time, and there are no longer any codes popping up.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok

F8E1: NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING WASHER OR PRESSURE SWITCH TRIP NOT DETECTED

I'd take the fill hoses off and check your water inlet valve screens to make sure none are clogged, then turn on each faucet to see how much water pressure you have coming out of each fill hose.

Jake

cot266

Premium Member
I did clean the screens, they were pretty clean to begin with. I will check the water pressure tonight. Basically just run the water into a bucket?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then I'm not sure what's causing it, You'll likely need to have Maytag come out to see what's going on.

Jake