• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MHW6000XW1 Maytag Maxima F06 E02 error

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW6000XW1
Brand
Maytag
I'm working on a a front load Maytag Maxima that does not advance past C00 in test mode. When I pull up the old error codes it shows F06E02. Is this a communication error? I thought that during the test mode cycle C00 should be lock and drain, but it doesn't lock or drain. It seems like I should be looking towards the MCU for the problem, but am thrown off by the C00 not locking or advancing. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brian, I'm attaching your tech. data below. Do what It says to do to find the bad part and keep us posted.

F6E2--->COMMUNICATION ERROR UI TO CCU--->Communication between Central Control Unit (CCU) and User Interface (UI) has not been detected.

Possible Causes
Verify continuity in cable between CCU (UI7) and UI (C2). See wiring diagrams on pages 23–24.
Check AC and DC supplies. See TEST #1 (CCU Power Check) on page 13.
See TEST #2 (User Interface) on page 14.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10254474.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 143

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Thanks for the tech sheet. I will check all of these.

Is it weird that I can't get it to lock during C00? It locks fine if I select a cycle and press start, and the door lock comes on, but it just sits and nothing happens.

The customer said they didn't see an error code when the machine stopped working. I was able to pull up the old codes and got the F06E02 code. Could it be a door lock problem too (or in addition to the F02E02)?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can ohm test the door lock switch.

Disconnect the DCS3 connector from the CCU and measure the resistance across DCS3-1 and DCS3-3. Door Closed: Door Open: ∞Ω. Disconnect the DL3 connector to check the door lock coils. DL3-1 to DL3-2= 163Ω DL3-2 to DL3-3= 163Ω.

To check the door lock switch you'll need to plug the machine in and start any cycle listen for the door to lock then unplug the machine and disconnect the DLS2 connector and measure across DLS2-1 to DLS2-2: Locked=0Ω Unlocked=∞Ω

Jake