• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MHW6630HW0 Maytag Washer - Will not spin

Krazmataz

Premium Member
Model Number
MWH6630HW0
Brand
Maytag
I've reached a point where I could use some help. My Maytag MHW6630HW0 will not spin. It will turn on and appear to start a cycle, but it will not spin the drum.

When the cycle starts I hear a click like a lock is being released and then nothing. In my troubleshooting I removed the back panel and see that the rotor jiggles slightly, but does not spin. I also hear a rattle. The drum spins freely (doesn't get or feel stuck on anything).

You can see the issue I'm describing here. The original/old parts are on the washer.

Before coming here, I did some Google searching and the most likely problem was the stator and/or rotor. I bought a replacement of each and began the testing & swapping process. I had the same symptoms in each combination (old/old, old/new, new/old, and new/new).

I could use some help from a more experienced appliance repair diy'er. I will attach a video of I can.

Thank you for any help and suggestions you may have.

- Kraz

Some background, if it is helpful.
- The washer is ~3 years old from Menards.
- I am not aware of it being under any warranty.
- Before it broke is was being run solidly for 3 days (4-5 loads/day). They were likely pushing the limits with the last load being a very intensive one (bulky items + high spin, high soil, extra rinse, steam, 16 hr fresh hold).
- It was likely not very level and was up on blocks.

scanline

Premium Member
It's your lucky day :) I just went through all the steps to diagnose this washer :) Check my post here, and download the attachments, you'll see what I did to diagnose mine.

Krazmataz

Premium Member
It's your lucky day :) I just went through all the steps to diagnose this washer :) Check my post here, and download the attachments, you'll see what I did to diagnose mine.

Thank you scanline. It was actually through your post that I found this forum. The ACU was the next item I was going to check out based upon your experience.

- Kraz