MHWC7500YW Maytag front loader will not spin out clothes.

Kbill

Premium Member
Model Number
MHWC7500YW
Brand
Maytag
My washer will not spin out clothes. Have pulled off the front and looked in the hose from tub to pump. Nothing in it. Clothes are soaked. No water standing in the tub. How to fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

I couldn't locate the service manual or tech. data sheet for this model, but since Whirlpool owns Maytag it should be similar to this one: FIXED Whirlpool Compact Washer WFC7500VW

I posted the service manual for it in my post#2 of that thread.

It uses the exact same MCU(Motor Control Unit) as yours does. That may be where you will possibly find the problem. Unplug your washer and look for any burnt spots on the MCU board.

Here's the MCU board for your model:
Motor Control Board WPW10192965

Jake

Kbill

Premium Member
So I tried what was in the other thread. If I close the door hard it seems to spin out the clothes now. So is it safe to assume it is the door latch or possibly something else?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes, I would agree with you on it being the door switch assembly from what you just posted.

Also check the door latch assembly as well.

Here's the door switch assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10192994 Switch

Here's the door latch assembly for your model you can order, if needed:
WPW10192995 Latch

Jake

BLewis1219

Premium Member
Hey yall experiencing the same thing I have 3 units that I have had this issue with. this is after changing out the MCU ( which has normally fixed my problem). I am currently in the process of changing the outer drum rear to see if there is something going on with the rear bushing/ball bearings in the back of the drum. I will update as soon as part comes in and I get changed. The reason I came to this conclusion was I ran a clean washer cycle and it stopped showing a f22 error meaning there was showing a load in the unit or clothing stuck in the outer cabin (fingers crossed it is stress due to bad bearings or bushing). I would honestly just throw them away and get new ones, but the new model of this washer isn't any better. I have ordered 2 and 1 has been out of commission on warranty calls for over a month. whirlpool techs cant figure it out. Will update ASAP