FIXED MHWE251YG00 Maytag Washer won’t start and stay on F1 & E2 codes

Renata

Premium Member
Model Number
MHWE251YG00
Brand
Maytag
I have been working on this washer and replaced the bearings, cleaned everything, It ran for several loads fine but now it’s stopped starting the motor to spin and the water cuts off and then it throws those codes. So, ran a new wire (a mouse appeared to have chewed on it) that goes to the front and rear panels, and then took off the screw again to the rear of the tub, sanded that area and replaced that wire as well. It still won’t work. WTH could be wrong it’s this darn thing?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F1E2=MOTOR CONTROL UNIT ERROR
The Motor Control Unit has internal failure. If failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door unlocks after 3 minutes.

Possible Causes/Procedure
Verify the shipping system, including shipping bolts and spacers, are removed, and that power cord is out of the washer.
- Check if washer is on a dedicated circuit. Other devices on same circuit can create line noise and cause this issue.
- Unplug washer or disconnect power.
- Check the neutral feed to the MCU and CCU from the AC line filter.
- Make sure all wire harness connections between the Motor & MCU, and MCU to CCU, are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
- Make sure that all the connectors are fully seated.
- Plug in washer or reconnect power.
- Verify the washer operation by running the Diagnostic Test cycle. See page 5.
- After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait for 15 seconds.

Your MCU part number is WPW10315848.

On your model the MCU is located on the motor itself, not separate from the motor.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

Renata

Premium Member
Well I’ve checked all the wires and the pump filter had some stuff in there. I cleaned that out and plugged it back in. Still nothing but the clicking in 3 places. The water doesn’t come on now either so I’m going to get a mcu and one of those grounding switches. Hopefully both of those aren’t bad too. I read somewhere these braided metal hoses can cause this problem. Is that true?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just bypass the grounding switch and see what happens. Just use electrical black tape to tape both the grounding switch wires together. DO NOT cut the ends off of them.:)

Jake

Renata

Premium Member
Jake,
I replaced the MCU and it works great! Thank you sooooo much! Now to get the darn dryer going . Lol!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Renata, glad to hear the new MCU fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake