• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MHWZ400TQ02 Maytag, Epic z : not draining and spinning !.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miposcars

Premium Member
Model Number
MHWZ400TQ02
Brand
Maytag
Hello, I have been reading at this forum several threads about this issue. Tested and measured a lot, but cannot solve this problem. Let me try to explain what is happening. On the position Rinse and Spin the machine locks the door, takes water and starts working, but at the moment it needs to drain the machine stops, display is off only the door lock stays on. Door cannot be opened. Machine will not work anymore.

I have to take all water out ( unscrew the filter and drain the water ). If all water is out I can set a new cycle, for example if I turn the machine on the position Clean Washer ( 56 min ) it works normally till about 23 min. then it turns of, leaving all water inside. I tested the pump manually, ( disconnecting the plug in the back ) and hotwired the motor and it works perfect. It drains the machine completely.

I took the CCU and the Motor Control Board out, checked for burned parts or whatever, but could not find anything. Measured almost all wires, nothing broken, or shorted. Did a diagnostic test, only came code F01. Took the 110 wall plug out waited an hour, but same problem. What more can I do ??

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

F01=
EEPROM ERROR
A communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the EEPROM onboard the CCU occurred.

Possible Causes/Procedure
A power glitch may cause this error.
– Unplug washer or disconnect power for two minutes.
– Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.

PUMP DRIVE ERROR
The pump driver fails to activate.
Replace CCU board.

MAIN RELAYS ERROR
One of the main relays is not working properly.
The relay might be soldered or always open.
– Replace CCU board.

Here's the CCU for your model:
Main Control Board WPW10525356

Jake

Miposcars

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks for the information. I hoped you could give some additional information from your own experience. Do you believe changing the CCU will fix this problem. What caused the CCU to “die” ?.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I would replace the CCU.

I don't know what makes electronic control boards go bad, could be anything.

Jake

Miposcars

Premium Member
Received the CCU. Installed it today and machine is working again. Found also the problem what damaged the CCU, 110 Volt outlet was worn out, replaced that one also before I connected the 110 Volt plug in the outlet.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.