• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MHWZ600TW01 Maytag epic z front load washing machine leaves clothes soaking wet plz help!

Charlesturner

Model Number
MHWZ600TW01
Brand
Maytag
I need help we have a maytag epic z washer it's a front load and it is leaving the clothing soaking wet after washing and spin cycle. I'm not sure what the problem is any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Start the washer without clothes in it, then after the tub fills with water and the tub starts washing, do a Drain/Spin cycle and see if all the water drains out within 90 seconds and that is goes into a high speed spin.

When its draining pull the drain hose up from the drainpipe and watch how fast the water is coming out, it should be coming out fast. If not, your drain pump may be clogged.

I'd first check to see if something was caught in your drain pump filter. Check that first.

Unplug the Machine
Remove Three Torx (hex heads) screws on front bottom of machine. Slighty lift the panel and pull the bottom towards you. Pump is right in middle in front of you.

Unscrew the pump handle with your hand, get something to catch the water thats left in it in.

Here's the drain pump for your model(Video Included):
WPW10730972 Drain Pump and Motor Assembly

Jake