• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

microwave fan came on by itself

lolcoconuts

Model Number
APYDMR0163
Brand
Frigidaire
I was making dinner and not running the microwave and the fan came on without out me pushing the fan button. The fan was blowing harder than it normally does if it were set out high. I tried to push the fan button to turn it off and then used the cancel button. The only way that I could get it to go off was to pull the plug. After about 5 mins I plugged it back in and the fan worked as normal. It is currently unplugged now. Why would this happen, and how do I get it to not happen again?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It might have a stuck thermostat or the heat from below closed the thermostat to close and the fan started. If it's less than a year old, call Frigidaire for a warranty service call. If you attempt a repair you could void your warranty.