• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Microwave/Oven Combo, KEMC308KSS01, having the same issue with the Microwave "DOOR" on display when press START.

JamesChan

Premium Member
That's correct.

Nope. Read post #60. The monitor door switch is a deadman switch. It's designed to keep the microwave from working if the door is open by shorting L1 and N together. If the primary switch doesn't open before the monitor switch closes, the fuse blows. Make sure you have the switches wired correctly and the wires are on the correct switch terminals.

Rick, Thanks for your prompt respond, we're really appreciated.

We tested continuity while the switches are in the holders and tested good but still say DOOR on display.

Is there a way to test the wires or connections from switches to the board? It seems to me that we might have a bad connection from switches to control board. I re-seated all connections to the board again. Clock and Oven are in operation. We could turn Oven on/off and we were able to set the Clock.

I took the pictures of old connections before swapped them out. They should be correct but I attached them here for your review.

Thanks again for taking the time on this. We really appreciate your trying to help.

Attachments

• Left-Holder_Left-Switch.jpg
    Left-Holder_Left-Switch.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Righ-Holder_Leff-Switch.jpg
    Righ-Holder_Leff-Switch.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Right-Holder_Right-Switch.jpg
    Right-Holder_Right-Switch.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 30

JamesChan

Premium Member
Nice diagram but I have no clue what to do with it. :)

We need instruction on how to test connectivity between switches and control board.

After replacing switch last weekend, we had it working but before putting microwave back in the self, we tested it again to make sure and it created spark and went to same problem with DOOR display on panel when press START, not sure if it created short circuit somewhere? Since the incident, we replaced line fuse and 3 switches.

Right now I have couple questions:

1.) Could the wires went bad? or No?
2.) Is it possible to test connectivity between switches and control board?
3.) Could switches wires be tested and replaced?
4.) were switches wires connection look good to you? from last post.

Thanks in advance!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member