• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED Microwave turntable makes clunking sound

tobewan

Premium Member
Model Number
FGMV173KQA
Brand
Frigidaire
My microwave just started making a clunking, popping sound when operating. If I remove the turntable motor arm or turn the turntable off, it sounds fine (no unusual noise). It heats fine. What would be causing the motor arm to catch and clunk or whatever it's doing to make the noise? How can it be fixed? Thanks!
Toby

tobewan

Premium Member
Not the motor...

Jeff,
Replaced the motor and still clunking. Guess it must be the roller support... Only failure mode I see there is the shaft slipping in the center of the support, is that likely?
Thanks
Toby

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Only failure mode I see there is the shaft slipping in the center of the support, is that likely?
If cracked or worn...you can see the + or X where they mate together...

01670877.jpg

jeff.

tobewan

Premium Member
Sorry to take so long but found a used roller support, changed it, and it does not clunk like the original one did.
Thanks!
Toby