• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Microwave works, display wacky

Secondchance

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2014
Messages
1
Location
Portland, Oregon
Model Number
R-530BS
Brand
Sharp
Age
More than 10 years
My microwave work great before I put it into storage. Now after some years I am using it and the display is wacky. It seems to function just fine otherwise. This is a countertop model and I think I paid $350 new for it. Stainless steel finish. Any thoughts? Should I just by another one?
Thanks for the help.
 
Top