Mid-1950s(?) Kelvinator

cuppajoe

Premium Member
Hey, I’m curious if anyone can help me with the year or model number of my fridge. I’m looking to replace the freezer seals but can’t find any information about it. The only plate on the fridge is pictured. Any help is very appreciated, cheers!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi cuppajoe,

We wouldn't have that information here since its a NON-USA appliance, try a appliance repair forum closer to where you live.

Jake

cuppajoe

Premium Member
Hey Jake, thanks for the advice. It’s turning out to be quite difficult to find any information. Any idea what the possible year could be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, Dan O. may know.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If it's in Australia I do not know anything about it. From what I've seen their appliances don't have anything to do with North American brands AFAIK. I know later, in the 1980/90’s?, Electrolux took over the Kelvinator brand down under. I have no idea whom made them originally.

If you're looking for a main door seal, you might find universal gasket material that will work. If you Google "Australia refrigerator gasket" numerous companies come up.

If you're looking for the freezer door seal, I have no idea what type it uses there. The only NA fridge I seen with a freezer box door seal was Frigidaire and it was just a type of foam rubber. If it's truly an older refrigerator model there's a good chance you won't find the real replacement part at all and you'll probably need to adapt something to work. Maybe a marine or automotive seal? If you can, take a sample to various marine, automotive or HVAC suppliers to see if anything close is used in their field.

Dan O.

Last edited: