• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Miele KF1903VI - Icemaker Issue

Brett Anderson

Premium Member
Model Number
KF1903VI
Brand
-major brand-
Haven't dealt with Miele in the past and i can see that they are a horse of a different color. Mine has recently started dumping only 1 tray of ice per week. I discovered that the ice tray full sensor is a laser beam or light beam that, when broken, tells the icemaker to quite making ice. So I have cleaned that thoroughly this morning and we'll see if it is that simple. Because I must leave for a few days, I wanted to post the problem here, in case someone knows what the next thing is that I should look at, should this not work. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Guessing at the age as the unit was here when I bought the home 3 years ago - after a significant remodel.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I have zero information on Miele appliances. That model number doesn't come up anywhere on my parts sites. Miele has been trying to get it's share of the US market since 2000. In Europe Miele is to appliances as Whirlpool is to appliances here. See if you can locate your tech sheet. Some common places are under a hinge cover, behind the lower grill, or under the machine. If you can locate it post a copy here.