• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Missing Feature - Whirlpool washer WTW5000DW1 - Remote Done Alert - Dry relay contact

HomeTechGuy

Model Number
WTW5000DW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

New member / long time lurker here on the blog.

I would like to install a relay to provide a dry contact closure when the wash cycle is "Done" on a Whirlpool washer - WTW5000DW1. I want to tie this to my home automation system to send an alert when the cycle is finished. My Initial thoughts where to install a 120 volt AC relay coil parallel to the motor but motor stop is not the last event in the cycle. I have not been able to find a schematic for the control board. Would it be possible to find a convenient pin that is parallel to the anode of the "Done" LED?

Thanks,

Home Tech Guy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have not been able to find a schematic for the control board.
Unfortunately, you probably never will, appliance manufactures don't make that public, just the schematic for the entire machine they make public.

Would it be possible to find a convenient pin that is parallel to the anode of the "Done" LED?
That I don't know. Your trying to modify it, and that's not what we really do here in our forum. We just try to help people fix their own major home appliances when they break.:)

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member