FIXED MLE2000AZW Yet another Maytag Neptune stacked Washer/Dryer timer won't advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepi93

Premium Member
Model Number
MLE2000AZW
Brand
Maytag
Symptoms,

Washer will not advance through any of the cycles. Stays constantly in one cycle and eventually stops and both door lights shut off. I can manually, slowly turn the dial and it advances to the next part of the wash cycle and all cycles seem to be performing normally.

I have the workshop manual at home and will be taking it apart tomorrow. I've been looking at some posts but I'm confused about a couple of things.

It says the machine microprocessor board is located in the upper right corner of the dryer? Is this what I need to access or is it the control console components just above the washer doors?

Am I looking to troubleshoot the washer timer? Other?

My first approach is to get some contact cleaner and clean the crap out of the timer switches, for both the dryer and washer. Check circuit board for any burnt resistors.

Pictures to exact components for this model would be greatly appreciated as I'm a visual person and the workshop manual is not that great visually.

Thanks in advance,

Also, I'm in Canada so purchasing any replacements parts from Canada is almost a must. If possible, please link a Canadian distributor.

Very much appreciated, thank you in advance,

Pete

Pepi93

Premium Member
Oh, that's expensive here in Canada. Can this Timer be taken apart and cleaned or is it another issue? Could it be a resistor on the circuit board that doesn't send the message for the timer to advance? The knob moves freely when I move it, clicks as it's supposed to...

Pepi93

Premium Member
I took the timer out, cleaned it with contact cleaner, knob moves even smoother now, but didn't fix the problem. Washer gets stuck on a cycle and eventually turns off (both door lock and on lights off). I can manually go through the cycles and they all operate fine.

Still replace timer or something else?

Thanks again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Pete,

It has to be the timer, that's all it can be.:)

This company ships to Canada: Timer WP22002452

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We are glad to help Pete, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

Pepi93

Premium Member
Me again :p. So you don't think another component could be causing this? Circuit board, wax motor, other? I'm only asking because of all the forum posts I've read, and the fact that I opened the timer and it looks flawless inside. Even checked the individual pins for corrosion, black residue build up and nothing...

Pepi93

Premium Member
Hi Jake, all my cycles work fine, I just have to manually turn the knob to each cycle so it happens. If I leave it in one cycle without manually progressing it, the washer eventually stops and turns off, both door lights turn off.

Thanks again for being patient with me.

I just realized I was posting on that thread you linked above, when my cold water inlet hose screen was clogged :D. Different issue back then but memorrieeeessss :D

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick, I remember that a faulty wax motor and machine control board can also cause that timer to not keep advancing.

Here's one that I helped with back in 2011:

You may want to check your main control board now for burned spots on it.

Its located at the top of your dryer, under the top dryer panel. Unplug or turn the breaker off to your stackable first.

Here's the repair manual for your Neptune Stackable you can print out: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/MaytagNeptuneStack.pdf

Here's the door lock wax motor for your model:
WP22002119 Motor-Wax

Here's the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board WP22004325

Also check your motor control board for burnt spots on it too.

Here's the motor control board for your model:
Motor Control Board WP22004046

Let us know what you find.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That's right! I forgot about that! I'm having trouble remembering 2018 let alone 2011...lol Thanks Jake!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, yes I almost forgot myself.:)

Jake

Pepi93

Premium Member
Well I hope it's the Timer, because that's all I ordered. I don't think it's the wax motor because my door locks fine during fast spin cycles. Didn't check the control board, probably should have but I trusted what we discussed earlier and placed the order so I really do hope it's just the timer.

Thanks.

Pepi93

Premium Member
Update...

It was indeed just the timer. Washer is back in business.

Thanks again Jake and Rick for your help.

For those troubleshooting their own in the future. If all of your functions/cycles work but the timer won't go through the cycles without being manually manipulated then you can be fairly confident it is just the timer and not for example, control board etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.