• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

MMV6180WS1 Maytag Microwave inside question - cardboard cover

Nashville

Premium Member
Model Number
MMV6180WS1
Brand
Maytag
Hello folks.
I installed a Maytag convection microwave oven over the range unit.
Its been a year or so.
We really only use the microwave function.

When the microwave door is open look inside to the right and there is a cardboard piece screwed to the wall.
It looks like the piece should be removed but I left the piece attached because the set up instructions didn't say to remove.

I removed the piece today and it looks a vent.

My question is should I remove the cardboard or does it need to be attached to the wall during use??
Thanks for any and all comments in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It's a cover for the wave guide. It sits in front of the magnetron tube.The microwaves come through it and helps spread them evenly.

Rcraig

I burned popcorn in my microwave, while going through the cleaning process I broke that cover popping it out. Is there a safe way to put it back together or can I purchase a new one

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member