• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Model 110.28062800 Error Code F54 / Burning smell

busymomof2

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Lately, washer sounds like it will take off when spinning out. Husband said it was the bearing. Today, it threw an F54 code and stopped at beginning of spin cycle, with a burning smell. Basket spins freely. Could this just be the bearing that needs to be replaced and, if so, do I need to replace the outer basket as well, as recommended at Repairclinic.com? Washer is over 10 years old and has been leaving oily spots on clothes for several years now, leading to rewash after rewash of clothes, which leads me to ultimately wonder if I wouldn't be better off just buying a new one?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you'd need the new bearing kit and the installation tool to fix it.

Here's the bearing kit for your model(Video Included):
W10435302 Bearing and Tub Seal Kit

Bearing driver installation tool:
W10447783 Bearing Installation Tool

With ordering both parts you're getting close to $300. So since your washer was made in 2008, it would be better to save the repair money for a new washer, as other parts are naturally wearing out too and its only a matter of time till your nickel and diming it to death.

Jake

busymomof2

Premium Member
Thank you so much for response. I did decide to just go ahead and buy a new washer, as the control board is going out as well.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent.(y)

We recommend Maytag, Whirlpool, Speed Queen, Amana, and Roper washers for longevity and reliability.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Looks good!

Jake