Model GSS26C4XXB03 ice maker tray not filling with water

pstruhar

Model Number
GSS26C4XXB03
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

I'm definitely a novice but I'm trying to troubleshoot my ice maker. I ran diagnostic 25 - water dispensing and ice maker fill test. I had previously filled the ice maker with water manually. After running the diagnostic, the ice was harvested from the tray but the tray wasn't filled with water. Digit 1 always showed 0 indicating the ice maker valve was off. It never showed 1 to show it was ever on which makes sense. Where do I go from here? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Let's check for the easiest problem that it can be first, lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker to be dead or not put water in the ice maker tray. Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem

Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, I'd remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Here's the ice maker for your model:
WPW10251076 Icemaker

Let us know what you find.

Jake