Model TH21V2L not making ice, pretty sure it’s a faulty water inlet valve

zcorrell0326

Premium Member
Model Number
TH21V2L
Brand
Amana
The ice maker had been sporadically making ice, but now doesn’t at all anymore. Checked the water line and no water was coming out after the water inlet valve. Checked the copper line feeding the water inlet valve and water was coming out, but there was a small kink forming so I replaced it anyway. Pressure seems fine but I dont have a way to test it. I also don’t have a multimeter but my guess is the inlet valve is faulty. Inlet valve part# is 10524606 but I’m not having great luck finding it online for a reasonable price. Is there a compatible part that is less rare and cheaper?

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
zcorrell0326; said:
Inlet valve part# is 10524606 but I’m not having great luck finding it online for a reasonable price. Is there a compatible part that is less rare and cheaper?
The replacement valve is # W10833899. I don't know what's special about it. I also don't know of another valve that replaces either it or the original.

LINK > Replacement Water Valve W10833899

Dan O.

zcorrell0326

Premium Member
That is also what I found, but $81 for a water inlet valve? Most other ones are $20-$30. Is there anything else that will get the job done? I don’t care if it doesn’t mount perfectly or something minor like that. Are these things really that unique?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Is there anything else that will get the job done?
As I said, "I don't know what's special about it. I also don't know of another valve that replaces either it or the original [valve]."

I do not know the flow rate of the original valve nor the flow rates of any other valves to be able to compare with. Other considerations are the mounting and water connections.

I found one water valve that is used on a different refrigerator model but one that uses the same icemaker mechanism as yours. I would think it should at least have the correct water flow rate. I don't know about the mounting or connections.

LINK > Single Solenoid I/M Water Fill Valve

If you want to take a chance, good luck!

Dan O.