• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Montgomery Wards Microwave/convection oven quit

CircoTribe

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
20
Location
San Jacinto, CA
We bought this over 20 years ago. It has been a wonderful alternative to our full sized oven inside. We have this appliance in the carport protected from the elements, but still subject to temperature changes. I helps to keep my kitchen cooler in the summer.

The fuse went out a few years back and we replaced it. Right now we don't even get a display. We don't know where to start to figure out what is wrong with it. Is there an age that the microwave ovens become unsafe? We don't usually use the microwave feature on this one and because it is outside, no one is usually close to it to absorb any stray rays.

Where do we start?

Thank you for your help!
 
Top