• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Most reliable window a/c brands

EastCoaster

Premium Member
Model Number
SL24N30B
Brand
-brand-
We have three Friedrich window air conditioners that are a number of years old. (one is 8,000 BTU but two are large 24,000 and 21,000 BTU models) Before it comes time to replace them, I'd like to get some idea of which brands technicians like.

I have noticed when posting a forum message that Friedrich is not listed in the drop-down brand list (either as a "major brand" or just a "brand.") Does that mean it is not as popular as other brands?

1) Which window a/c brands are the most reliable? What is Friedrich's reputation? (And do they all brands make the large models around 21,000 or 24,000 BTUs?)
2) Which brands have the most helpful technical departments when consumers try to reach them by phone?

Many thanks for your help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Friedrich is good brand. There really isn't any one brand better than another because they are very basic machines. Once you get into the 20K BTU range you need 220 VAC to operate it. Most manufactures make both, 120V and 220V.

EastCoaster

Premium Member
That's good to know, Rick. And I take it no brands have reputations for being better than others when it comes to tech support. Many thanks for your help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
when it comes to tech support
We're all the tech support you need!....LOL Here's the deal my friend, Manufactures only have "tech support" for authorized servicers. You have customer service. Most have a one year warranty parts and labor. After that don't expect any help with any problems from any manufacturer.