FIXED MRT118FFFE04 Refrigerator Ice Maker Doesn't Cycle

dale2

Premium Member
Model Number
MRT118FFFE04
Brand
Maytag
I just installed a modular ice maker (Whirlpool ECKMF95) in my new Maytag refrigerator. The ice maker cycled twice making ice cubes but hasn't cycled in the past 10 hours. My freezer is at 10 degrees F. Water flows to the ice maker. I have 120 volts at test points L-N. If I place a jumper wire at test points T-H I can manually cycle the maker. The ice maker just won't cycle by it self. What's happening?

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What's the model number of your new Maytag Refrigerator? The model number tag is located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Did your new Maytag Refrigerator NOT come with a ice maker already installed?

ECKMF95 has changed to:
WPW10715708 Icemaker

Jake

dale2

Premium Member
Refrigerator model is MRT118FFFE04. No, the appliance did not come with an ice maker.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks.

Ok, give it 72 hours when you first install a new ice maker, some take that long to start cycling at a normal rate, then it should work properly from then on.

The colder the freezer is the faster it will make ice. Get the freezer down to 0 to 5 degrees.

Jake

dale2

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. The machine started making ice yesterday afternoon and through out the night. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Dale, sounds good. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake