MSD2651HEW Need troubleshooting advice - cold air not circulating.

Jeff-T

Premium Member
Model
MSD2651HEW
Brand
Maytag
This refrigerator was apparently manufactured in 2005 and is a series 10 (serial number: 10820016GP). The freezer and refrigerator are warmer near the top of each side (too cold on bottom of refrigerator side too). Compressor appears to run all the time. Water line freezes and doesn't dispense but does when thawed. I checked (open) and replaced the evaporator fan motor and completely cleaned the coils. No change in symptoms and I don't hear or see new fan running. I'll check power to evaporator fan next but after that, I'm curious what to check next - defrost thermostat, defrost timer, or temperature control (or all of the above)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I don't hear or see new fan running. I'll check power to evaporator fan next
Good!
No power and double checking the wires to and from the fan motor. If they are ok the adaptive defrost board would be a suspect as sometimes the fan cannot run when the board acts up.

#12 0028494019_4.gif Adaptive defrost control board

jeff.

Jeff-T

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff. I also confirmed the defrost thermostat was working and the defrost element was not open (~30 ohms if I remember correctly). The symptoms suggest the defrost timer is not the issue which pretty much leaves the control board as you suggest. My only hesitation now is the control board is one of the more expensive parts and since I don't do this every day, am I missing something simple? Thanks again. Jeff

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
am I missing something simple?
So far, doesn't sounds like it.

My only hesitation now is the control board is one of the more expensive parts
One of the great things why we all here deal with only these part places if they offer a refund if the part does not repair your issue....even if the part has been installed you can removed it and send it back for a refund ( minus the shipping ).
RepairClinic.
Appliance Part Pros.

jeff.