• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MTX18GIXJRWW RCA Refrigerator - Reconnect issue

Jtheduke33

Premium Member
Model Number
MTX18GIXJRWW
I cleaned my back cabinet out of this fridge freezer combo unit. It’s an RCA. The condensor fan was not running. Previously my brother in law unplugged the fan from the harness and replugged and it worked. I made the mistake of disconnecting the wrong item and I wasn’t smart enough to take notice of which way it reconnected.

In the pic you can see white and orange wires. They hook up with some other wires and run back up the unit. Can anyone tell me if these have to be reconnected a certain way back on the fins or it doesn’t matter? I’m just not interested in energizing my fridge somehow and juicing myself. Besides fan not working and needing to be replaced the unit seems to be working fine. Thanks for the help. James

Attachments

• 065F7CEC-9536-4A8A-9D16-9A8401DA5BAF.jpeg
    065F7CEC-9536-4A8A-9D16-9A8401DA5BAF.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 42

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's that water inlet valve for your model below, when you click the part link to it you will see a video of how it mounts.

WR57X10033 Water Inlet Valve

Jake

Jtheduke33

Premium Member
Thank you so much Jake. I will check it out. Funny thing is I don’t have the water hooked up as it is in the garage and the ice maker is off. I definitely did not know that is what that part did. Thanks for the help and the relief that I won’t juice myself or kids. Much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help.(y)

Jake