• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVW6230HW0 Maytag Washer won’t run.

HoldTheMustard2

Premium Member
Model Number
MVW6230HW0
Brand
Maytag
We have a used MVW6230HW0 that won’t run. It tries to start and half spins 3-4 times then the timer drops to to 0:01, the drain pump runs and then it says cycle complete. Video for reference. Any tips to resolve?

Attachments

• IMG_8597.MOV
    35.2 MB

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Access the main control board and check the service LED. Is it on, off, or blinking? Locate your tech sheet behind the front panel left side and follow the steps to run the service diagnostics and check for errors.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree with Rick, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Page 2 shows the location of the DIAGNOSTIC LED LOCATION on the main control board. Normal would be--->LED Flashing – The Control is detecting correct incoming line voltage and the processor is functioning.

Here's the main control board(ACU) for your model:

If the LED is Flashing, then get into the FAULT HISTORY on Page 3 and see what fault code/codes you get.

This video shows you how to get inside the console:

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-w11197707-reva.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 219

HoldTheMustard2

Premium Member
I think this will be super helpful! Thanks so much! Pleb question, all the links and docs are for Whirlpool units and mine is a Maytag, does that matter or are they the same on the inside?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Robert is correct.

Jake

PaulieDC

Premium Member
Hi! What was the actual issue, did you get it fixed? We have the same exact model with the same exact problem, identical. If you can, let me know. Thanks!

PaulieDC

Premium Member
Warranty Repair Company sent a tech, and he ran the diagnostic check which revealed NO faults. Then the DLMS Calibration Cycle, and after that a test wash ran fine. My wife did several loads that night and the next day. Now 4 days later, the washer is doing the exact same thing, and it's exactly the same as @holdtemustard2 's video. That's not a random failure, this is a design or manufacturing flaw. NOW what. I wish I knew if the OP got theirs fixed, and HOW.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is odd, I wonder why @HoldTheMustard2 has not come back to respond? Hopefully he will, or you can do what @rickgburton mentioned in post #2 and my post #3.

Jake

PaulieDC

Premium Member
That is odd, I wonder why @HoldTheMustard2 has not come back to respond? Hopefully he will, or you can do what @rickgburton mentioned in post #2 and my post #3.

Jake
Well, once it's fixed, people aren't likely to return, that's understandable. Appreciate the reply!

So the repair company (AiG Warranty assigned) comes back out today and this tech was very astute, he just didn't run panel diagnostics, he manually tested every component including opening the washer and testing the belt/motor. He basically discovered that all components work manually, so that really only leaves the ACU, which he ordered. When that comes in and they come switch it out, I'll test the machine by letting a week's worth of laundry get done. I'll hop back on and update the outcome. That way if anyone else's does what the OP's video shows, which was identical to mine, skip the merry-go-round and just get your ACU changed, if my fix was successful.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Well, once it's fixed, people aren't likely to return, that's understandable. Appreciate the reply!
Yes, but its out of courtesy that they would come back, since we took our time to respond to them.:)

That's the key to this forum, everyone helping everyone out.:)

So the repair company (AiG Warranty assigned) comes back out today and this tech was very astute, he just didn't run panel diagnostics, he manually tested every component including opening the washer and testing the belt/motor. He basically discovered that all components work manually, so that really only leaves the ACU, which he ordered. When that comes in and they come switch it out, I'll test the machine by letting a week's worth of laundry get done. I'll hop back on and update the outcome. That way if anyone else's does what the OP's video shows, which was identical to mine, skip the merry-go-round and just get your ACU changed, if my fix was successful.

Thanks for updating us, we love updates here.(y)

Yes, we would appreciate you coming back when the new ACU gets installed, thanks!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.