Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachDan

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB300WQ1
Brand
Maytag
6 year old Maytag Bravos top load washing machine.

I've replaced the drain pump, the rotor positioning sensor and I've pulled the wash basket out, no debris in filter or drain hose. Going on day 4 without a washing machine.........help!!!

Clean cycle - runs for ten minutes and throws SD code.....
Normal cycle - starts at 41 minutes, runs normal for 5 minutes, then drops down to three minutes before the SD code appears....

Smells like a hint of burned electronics.....

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

SD error code means Suds Detection

Sd is displayed when the machine/motor control, by analyzing drag on the basket, detects a suds-lock condition, and is steady on while the control then runs a mini cleanout cycle. If the cleanout cycle is unable to correct the over-sudsing problem, the cycle ends and Sd flashes in the display.
This may signify:
---> Load is bunched.
---> Excessive detergent usage.
---> Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing motor to spin properly.

Do you notice a lot of suds when your doing a load? If so, run the machine in COLD WATER ONLY with no clothes in it and don't add detergent, so the suds gets flushed out all the way.

Jake

dano126

Premium Member
No suds at all, did the no clothes, cold water thang. Normal settings, with cold H2O, stopped at 21 minutes remaining, trying to pump out water thats not there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@dano126 I moved all your posts to your own thread here:
I'm closing this thread unless @CoachDan comes back and asks to update it.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.