• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWB300WQ1 Maytag Top Load Washer will not spin

Tonyde

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB300WQ1
Brand
Maytag
My washer stopped washing clothes correctly and now appears to not spin. The normal load would stop with a SD F71 error and would not finish. The clothes would be wet and not wrung out from the spin cycle not engaging. Tried a rinse and spin. Water would run several times, drain and it would get stuck at 12 mins and throw error code F51. I would never hear the spin cycle run at the end as part of the drain cycle. During both of these the spin cycle would not engage. I have received uL codes in the past as well.
I have replaced the RPS. I did check the Stator and the Rotor Assembly when I replaced the RPS. Both are in good shape. No cracks or damage to them.
I ran the washer through the automatic diagnostics. It completes successfully through C7. It gets to C8 and it drains the water and the agitator shows little movement and the motor sounds like its trying to do something but it sits there just running without going to C9 for several minutes. I have only let it go 5 mins and then ended the test. It does not throw out an error code. I then ran the manual test on the spin cycle and was able to get it to run through the different spin speeds successfully. When I cycle through the manual mode for it to stop spinning. Its creates a hum noise as it comes to a final stop. I did check the Basket Hub and it does look like it needs to be repaired. But is this the cause of the basket spin cycle not engaging? or can it be a Control Board issue?
About 1.5-2yrs ago I also replaced the bearings and tub seal.

Tonyde

Premium Member
Just looked up my purchase of this washer. It was purchased on 11/29/10. So it just passed the 10yr threshold.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the basket hub is usually the culprit when it gives you that Sd error code and it won't spin properly.

Here's the basket hub for your model:
W10820039 Basket Hub

Video Included in Part link.

Jake