• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MVWB755DW1 Maytag Bravos XL Washer won't power on

Rob811

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB755DW1
Brand
Maytag
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to find out any information on a possible fix for this issue. The washer is a Maytag Bravo's XL, model number MVWB755DW1. It was in my house when I bought it but looks fairly new, probably less than 10 years old. Anyway, the control display will not power on. The outlet is hot, 120v and after I took the console off I checked that the connection going to the control board had voltage also and it did. After doing research I've learned that the lid lock and the control board are possible suspects. The lid lock was cheaper to I bought one and installed it and still nothing. Is there any way to test the control board itself? Is there any step I could possibly be missing here? I would appreciate any help or advice. My washer has been broken for 2 weeks now and I need to get it up and running. Thanks so much!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Rob811

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. All of the connectors to the control board seem to be fine and seated properly. So are you saying it could be the console itself and not the control board at all? Is there any other tests to do to verify that the console needs to be replaced and not the control board? Thanks again for your help!

rickgburton

Staff member
Look on your tech sheet for: TEST #1 Supply connections.
Snapshot_3.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located the online tech. data sheet, I'm attaching it below.

Jake

Attachments

• W10607408 - Rev F.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 141

rickgburton

Staff member
Cool! Thanks Jake! Ignore my last post. That's different then the one I was using (MVWB725). Yours has the diagnostic LED so the testing is a little different. Still do TEST #1 and TEST #4.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Rick!

Jake